The Sheena Wood Rosebowl Final took place at Meldrum House Golf Club on Sunday 12 September 2021. Carol Eddie won the trophy with a victory over Katherine Teow. Here is the story of this year’s competition from start to finish.
Because no County Opens took place in 2020, the qualifiers for this year’s competition were the 8 players with the best 4 nett scores in County Opens from the 2019 season. The format of the competition is knock out match play, with the first named player in each draw having home advantage.
In Round 1, the qualifiers – congratulations to you all - were drawn to play as follows:
- Carol Eddie (Deeside) v Hannah Bycroft (Kemnay)
- Mary Robinson (Murcar Links) v Susie Macleod (Deeside)
- Alison Hope (Newmachar) v Lesley Watson (Deeside)
- Rhona Taylor (Deeside) v Katherine Teow (Deeside)
You will have noticed immediately that Deeside Golf Club was exceptionally well represented – great golf in 2019, ladies.
Following the first round’s keenly contested matches, the winners were drawn to play in the semi-finals as follows:
- Carol Eddie v Alison Hope
- Mary Robinson v Katherine Teow
The neutral ground chosen for the final was Meldrum House. On the day, the weather started dull, warmed up nicely, stayed dry and calm. County officials who spectated were impressed by the standard of golf displayed by Carol and Katherine. Carol’s consistency and very accurate putting saw her triumph at the 13 hole.
Congratulations, Carol, on your excellent performance throughout the competition. Commiserations, Katherine, you played very well too.
Many thanks must be put on record.
First of all, thanks to Meldrum House Golf Club. Thanks to:
- Club Owners and Directors for granting ALCGA courtesy of the course
- Golf Manager David Mann for his support
- the green-keeping team for presenting the course so well, despite recent heavy rain
- the catering team for their hospitality.
- Vice-captain Olive for managing the competition communication, draws and results
- President Ros and Honorary Secretary Karen for joining me to spectate and support the finalists.
Final Comment …
I wonder who will be the 8 qualifiers year for The Sheena Wood Rosebowl in 2022? Do you think you will you be one of them?
There are still 2 County Opens to go – Banchory this week and Ballater next. Play well, improve your nett score profile and … who knows?
Lorna M Johnson