Friday, 23 April 2021

Fixtures Update: 23 April 2021

More unfortunate news, I’m afraid …

The Aboyne Club Rep was in touch earlier today to tell us that her Club has had to make the tough decision to postpone the County Open on 06 May. Like the Banchory greens, the Aboyne greens are taking an exceptionally long time to recover from the severe effects of the icy weather conditions that persisted over past weeks and months.

Everyone at Aboyne is very disappointed. I know that their disappointment will be shared by County members who were going to enter the competition in the town on Deeside that often boasts best temperatures.

The event will be re-scheduled. When confirmed, the date will be published in the website list of fixtures.

It looks as if the end of the season is going to be busier than usual … We’ll be looking for good scores after plenty time to practice!

Take care


Lorna M Johnson
Captain, ALCGA