In my message of 28 April, I outlined reasons for the cancellation of the Northern Division Inter-County Jamboree and the North of Scotland Championship. The same reasons apply now with regard to our local fixtures. My messages of 21 and 24 March listed competitions that were cancelled then. For clarity, the following competitions are affected by our most recent decision.
· County Opens that are scheduled in July and August will be cancelled – Kemnay on 02 July, Murcar Links on 13 July, Deeside on 27 July, Newmachar on 31 July, Cruden Bay on 20 August, and Peterculter on 27 August.
· The Tri-Am competition at Oldmeldrum on 10 July will be cancelled.
· The Lyon Inter-Club Double Foursomes at Hazlehead MacKenzie on 03-04 August will be cancelled.
· The Commonwealth Spoons qualifying competition at Kintore on 17 August will be cancelled.
· The provisionally rescheduled County Championship at Meldrum House on 11-13 September will not take place.
· The Sheena Wood Rosebowl tournament will not run in 2020. Current qualifiers will go forward to play in 2021.
If you have placed an entry for any of the above events, the relevant Club Rep or Honorary Secretary Karen will be in touch with you.
ALCGA fees will not be payable in 2020. However, we are aware that the collection of fees has been disrupted by lockdown. If you have already paid your £10 annual subscription, we are asking your Club Rep to offer you three options: donate your £10 to County funds towards 2020 expenditure; leave your £10 as early payment of your 2021 subscription; or receive a refund of your £10. If you have not yet paid your £10 subscription, you may still donate £10 via your Club Rep to the County funds. If you have already paid a £10 new or lapsed membership fee, you may choose to carry it forward to 2021 or have a refund. I am sure you will bear with your Club Rep and Honorary Treasurer Carol if there is a delay until it is practicable for them to deal with some of these transactions.
As the summer passes, we will continue to monitor advice and developments. To end on a positive note … if it emerges that there is a possibility of holding a safe event late in the season, we will aim to organise an ad hoc friendly golfing get-together to nurture the spirit and camaraderie of our valued County community.
In the meantime, please take care and keep safe.
Lorna M Johnson